English Daily Workout: "Would" & "Was/Were Going to" Exercise ( Future in the Past)

"Would" & "Was/Were Going to" Exercise ( Future in the Past)

Using "would" and "was/were going to" to talk about "future in the past".











Answers:

1. I imagine that I will meet a lot of interesting people at the party. (would)
   I imagined that I would meet a lot of interesting people at the party, but I didn't.

2. I think I will make new friends when I move town. (would)
    I thought I would make new friends when I moved town, and I did.

3. I hope I am going to have time to visit my family. (was/were going to)
    I hoped I was going to have time to visit my family, but I didn't.

4. I'm sure I'm not going to have any problems dealing with this task. (was/were going to)
    I was sure I was not going to have any problems dealing with that task, but I it turned out to be extremely difficult.

5.  I expect that I'll fall in love some day. (would)
     I expected that I would fall in love some day, and I did.

6. I think I am going to go for a walk this afternoon. (was/were going to)
    I thought I was going to go for a walk that afternoon, but it started raining.

______________________________________________________________
Future in the Past: Lesson (Would, Past Continuous, Going to, Was/Were to + Infinitite, Was/Were to Have + Past Participle)




Future in the Past: Exercise on "Would" & "Going to"


Future in the Past: "Was/Were to + Infinitive" and "Was/Were to Have + Past Participle"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments